Home Forums Community Support Forum WordPress Plugins Orbisius Child Theme Creator Child theme has lost the formatting of the parent

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    trader4300
    Participant

I had created a child theme according to all the documentation. As far as I can tell, everything has been done correctly.
    However whenever I install my child theme, all the formatting I created in the parent theme is gone. I checked everything.
    I have tried this several times with the same lack of success. Checked all the forums and nothing seems to point to my issues. So that is when I tried your plugin to create a new child theme. I still get the same results. Can anybody tell me what is wrong with the child theme? Permissions are the same as the parent style.css. Need help. Thank-you.
    Site is http://www.goodolddayscountryshop.com/WPstore/

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Did you modify the parent theme and then created the child theme?

trader4300
    Participant

Yes, I modified the theme but not any code. I twirked the theme to my liking.

trader4300
    Participant

The import line is suppose to take all the style settings of the parent and use them with this theme. However it is not doing that. It does not even use the menu structure I created but rather the default menu that came with the theme. It acts as though it is importing the default storefront theme, not the one I made changes to. Hope this helps…

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

You may have to check with the theme developer to see if the theme is child theme friendly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.