Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ramthas
    Participant

Hi Slavi,
    how to delete child theme?
    thanks for plugin

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi,

Currently, the only way to delete a child theme is to delete it using an FTP client.
    Please make sure that you’ve switched to a different theme just in case.

We’ll add the delete functionality in one of the next releases.

Slavi

sennerstad
    Participant

Hi Slavi.

I tought an update to this thread would be needed. I am trying to delete a child theme, both from theme admin and via FTP. However, upon deleting the child theme folder have somewhat overriden the permission. I tryed to remove the whole direvtory but the child theme folder still remains intact. I got error code 550.

To be honest, you’r plugin somewhat fucked up my whole project.

best regards, //Erik

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi Erik,

Thanks for voicing your frustrations. That helps us prioritize task better.
    We strive to make our plugins as perfect as possible.

I am really curious what happened there.

Did you try setting 777 permissions (recursively) to the child theme folder and then delete it?

Another explanation might be that your hosting provider may be running the webserver with one user that is different than the one that the FTP server runs under.
    Did you check with the hosting’s support?
    Has that ever happened to you with a different plugin?

Slavi

sennerstad
    Participant

Hi Slavi, and thank you for your fast reply.

I was not even allowed to set the permission to 777. Write permission for both group and public permission is missing. Upon applying these new permissions i got the same error code (550) as before, and “550 Site CHMOD command failed”.

FYI, I contacted my hosting provider regarding permission issues just a day earlier, where i experienced problems with installing plugins and themes. However, since they changed it everything after that have worked like a charm.

I have opened a support ticket to my hosting provider and asked them to wipe out the entire directory. I’m expecting an answer from them tomorrow, hopefully with an answer on what could be wrong, if, from their side.

I have not experienced this type of problem before with other plug-ins.

Best regards, //Erik

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update Erik.
    Let us know when you hear from your hosting provider.

I’ve noticed situations with GoDaddy servers where a system program would go and change folder permissions when the site gets overloaded. Just to protect other sites I guess. Not sure if that’s the case with your site but let’s see what the support folks say.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by .
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.