Home Forums Community Support Forum WordPress Plugins Orbisius Child Theme Creator Error in Syntax / Child theme / Orbisius Plugin

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dayyman
    Participant

Hello,

I use the storefront theme and I added the Orbisius Plugin in order to edit the CSS. But I think i wrote something front in my Child theme and can not access to my website as well as wordpress either.

It says :Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<‘ in /home3/icloud/public_html/www.shop-peinture.ch/wp-content/themes/storefront/functions.php on line 17

I use the latest version of WordPress. I tried to rename the file in functions.php via Filezilla but it seems that it is not this file which is corrupted. I can not find the functions.php of my child theme…I can not find the child them on Filezilla. I can not find the plugin file on filezilla either…

Thanks for your kind help :)

Florent

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Actually the answer was right in front of your eyes. You only had to read the error message.
    You must have edited the functions.php file and inserted “<” character which broke the PHP.
    There is a syntax check functionality for that reason.

says :Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<‘ in /home3/icloud/public_html/www.shop-peinture.ch/wp-content/themes/storefront/functions.php on line 17

Edit the file around line #17 and remove the <.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.