Home Forums Community Support Forum WordPress Plugins Like Gate Like Gate problem : not showing like button

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    attozes
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve just tried Like Gate on my wordpress site and it worked at first, but then when I tried it on another WordPress site (mine too) it didn’t. The Like button does not appear in the post or the page. I put my hidden content between [like-gate] and [/like-gate] but the hidden content simply disappears and there is no like button.
    I’ve also created a web app on FB to get the unique ID…

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi,

The latest version of Like Gate require Facebook App.
    Did you create your facebook app as explained in the video within the plugin?

Slavi

attozes
    Participant

It worked after installing another theme. Not sure why it didn’t work with the previous one though.

I got another question : Why is it important to have a facebook App? How does this work? And if people like the content in order to unlock it, would their friends on facebook SEE that they liked it?

Thanks for your answer!

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi,

that’s explained in the plugin as well. There is a Why button

Like Gate and Like Gate Pro plugins both, in order to work, they require a Facebook App ID. The plugins used one of the app IDs internally that’s why you didn’t have to enter one. With the latest changes with Facebook a facebook app can run on only one or two domains max, therefore using our Facebook App no longer works because we could set it up to use our domains. Now, we have to ask you to create a Facebook app for each of the sites that you intend to use our Like Gate plugins. If things change we’ll gladly remove the requirement of App Id.

yes, it should show that somebody has liked the content.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by .
    attozes
    Participant

Okay, I understand. Thank you. But do the friends of those who liked the content see in their news feed that their friend liked it?

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by .
    Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Great!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.