Home Forums Community Support Forum WordPress Plugins Orbisius Child Theme Creator Site crashes after installing plugin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    timvukan
    Participant

To whom it may concern,
    After installing the plugin my site is broken. I cant access the site anymore. I did a child theme and activate it. I am not sure if i copied as well the functions.php file.
    Kindly ask for help.

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi,

To fix this you can use another plugin of ours. It will temporarily reset the theme to one of the default WordPress themes. For more info go to: http://orbisius.com/products/wordpress-plugins/orbisius-theme-fixer/

What (parent) theme did you use?
    Did the author confirm that it supported child themes?
    I am more curious of the error message. Is there a way to see if php has generated error_log file in your sites folder.

Slavi

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

I am continuing the reply in the forum because our discussion will benefit other users as well.
    Can you make sure that the theme fixer plugin (.php) file is in the mu-plugins directly?
    i.e. it’s a little bit different than the regular plugins folder which recommends having the plugin in a folder.

So to recap: Make sure that orbisius-theme-fixer.php is right in wp-content/mu-plugins and not in a folder within mu-plugins.

Hi Slavi,
    thanks so much for your quick response.
    I did Unzip the file and uploaded orbisius-theme-fixer.php in wp-content/ mu-plugins. But I still cant even log onto my site. Also not after uploading this php. file.
    I am using Woothemes, Definition theme.
    Do you have any idea how I can fix this?
    Thanks in advance,
    Tim

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

ok.

Can you make WP_DEBUG to true (wp-config). There must be something else.

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);

Add this to enable logging.

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define(‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true);

ref: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Hi Slavi,
    yes, I did exactly as you wrote.
    The orbius-theme-fixer.php is right in wp-content/mu-plugins and not in a folder within mu-plugins.
    And still, cant log on my site.
    I dont know what to do.
    If you have help, thanks a lot.
    Tim

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

By adding those values in your wp-config.php WordPress will output some additional information that can be used to find the cause. Let me know what you find out so I can see if I can add some safety mechanism in the plugin to make it handle as many weird scenarios as possible.

hi again
    thanks for your advice.
    since i am not well known in these functions, i will spend my time with it checking if i can find the problems.
    thanks for your kind help,
    i will be in touch
    tim

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

wp-config can be found in the root folder where your WordPress is installed.
    You have to make sure that you add your changes just right after the opening php tag i.e. <?php

One thing to remember is that there is WP_DEBUG set to false in the wp-config.php already therefore you’ll need to go and change the value from false to true then update the file.
    Next, try accessing your site.

Also in the root folder (where your WP is) there could be error_log file. Open that file and scroll to the end.
    If that file exists it should contain the actual cause of the issue.

Hi Slavi,
    I was trying all night to find the wp-config.php but couldnt figure out, any file called like this. I am working with Filezilla.
    Is there any way to slve this proble through anaother way? Or could you explain to me, where I can find the wp-config.php?
    Thanks for taking your time with this matter. I really appreciate it.
    Tim

Hi again,
    I am facing huge probloems right now, cause I can not even log in to my site. If I want to open admin section , I only receive a white page. Site completely crashed.
    As I said I try to look up for wp-confi.php but couldnt find it. I also dont find the private html file.
    Does that mean that this file was accidently deleted?
    I looked in wp admin, wp inlcude and wp content. No fies like this exist.
    Could you help me with your assistance to solve this problem, please.
    I am grateful for any kind of help you can give.
    Regards

• This reply was modified 9 years, 12 months ago by .
    Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

Restoring it from a backup might take more time but if that’s easier for you or if the content hasn’t changed that much go for it.

Slavi

Hi Slavi,
    thanks for all your support and help!
    I am trying now via your advice and a back up to solve this issue.
    If I need further info I will be in contact with you.
    Once again, really appreciate your help.
    Tim

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

Good job. Adding the lines I mentioned reveals what the actual error is.

In most cases you can ignore the Notice message. I hate seeing those and when I have a chance I tell the developer how to fix it.

The problem is caused by this file on line 667. There should be an extra curly brace e.g. }
    Edit that line or around that line to correct it. You could be missing a closing parenthesis e.g. “)”
    /training/wp-content/themes/definition-old/includes/theme-functions.php

after you’re done you can turn off the debugging by setting them to false.

Hi Slavi,
    I was working on my issue, day and night, but still couldnt fix it. Thats why I am asking you again for advice.
    I did a back up, all is on the FTP server. But http://www.wushantcm-training.com site still doesn’t work and I can’t log in.
    I edited the config file you told me.
    What I did is put debug to true.
    When I open the site I receive this message here.

Notice: wp_register_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /aaa/htdocs/training/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3245 Notice: wp_register_style was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /aaa/htdocs/training/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3245 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘{‘ in /aaa/htdocs/training/wp-content/themes/definition-old/includes/theme-functions.php on line 667

Thanks one more time for taking your time, I am really sorry to be a burden.
    Tim

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.